Wednesday, May 02, 2007

What happened to April??!!

You know, I think I actually slept through most of it! I finished school on the 5th and have been on leave since. Great in one way, but also allowing me to wantonly indulge in my sedentarism (I know, I'm inventing words here). I haven't been getting out of bed until around 10am each day and the uni work I was planning hasn't had even a chance of a look-in yet.

But I have been well. Apart from almost complete exhaustion and a lot of pain in my lower back, I have continued to have almost no symptoms throughout the whole pregnancy - and I'm 14 1/2 weeks now. From everything I read, it seems that if I was going to have them they would have appeared by now. So I count myself lucky (in more ways than one).

My apprehension and anxiety have diminished somewhat, although it's always lurking in the background ready to pounce, particularly the moment I tell someone else the reason why I haven't been drinking alcohol, can't eat certain foods, am tired all the time, need bigger clothes etc etc.

In fact, that's been one of the hardest things to deal with - actually telling people. AB and I have even had numerous arguments about it - he wants to tell the world, and has done so since the beginning, especially since the NT scan which came back and a very low risk. Meanwhile, I am quite happy to keep it quiet until it becomes too apparent to hide anymore. I don't really know why I feel so strongly like this, but I really have agonised over each and every announcement. Perhaps it has something to do with how protective I have been prior to this, containing my feelings and thoughts and actions and disappointments, even from my own family. I guess 4 IVF cycles would do that to you (or to me, at least). And now that it's out there, I feel like I have lost all control of the process (not that I really had any in the first place) but at least it was my information to control.

I know I just need to relax a little about it. It's ABs information as well, and I know he is so excited. It's just been hard to let go.

But, as Dr Challenge says, this one seems to be stuck. I have had as many scans as I have needed and little Nova was sucking it's thumb last week. All of the measurements have been spot on and my belly is starting to look distinctly rounded in the past couple of weeks. All seems to be going ahead as it should be and I really am happy. But it's way past my bedtime and I really must post. For those who are interested, here's a pic of our perfect headed little human (you know, it really was touch and go between that or a prawn at the first scan).
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


6 Comments:

At 11:49 pm, Blogger twirl said...

That's a fantastic picture!

 
At 1:23 am, Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

Beautiful picture! I am glad that all is well!

 
At 10:25 am, Blogger Mony said...

Quite breathtaking!
I am ALWAYS amazed by these perfect pictures.

 
At 7:21 am, Blogger TeamWinks said...

Awww....

 
At 8:00 am, Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

I'm so happy for you!!! Great news.

I can relate to your feelings of reservation in announcing. I think it has been hard for many of us.

 
At 10:01 am, Blogger Shauna said...

That's a great shot! Glad to hear that things are going okay for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home