Saturday, December 16, 2006

School's out for summer ...

No, we haven't been having sex for all of that time!

But, I finally finished school for the year yesterday and I have finally had an opportunity to actually catch up here. I can't believe so much time has passed - but I'm not surprised at the same time. Every year my job has grown and the end of the year is one of the biggest times of all. I have had so many responsibilities that anything remotely related to 'me time' has gone out the window (really, you should see my bikini line!!!).


So the sex for this cycle doesn't seem to have worked (for reproduction anyway). I have another cycle to go before I begin my next IVF cycle when Dr Challenge returns from his holidays. It's actually been quite liberating on this 'down time'. I have had another glimpse of what life used to be like before IF. I had forgotten the freedom I used to have. To eat and drink what I wanted. To not have blood tests a few mornings a week. No jabbing, stabbing or tabbing. To be too busy to remember I was infertile. It's really been quite absent.

And now I'm on holidays for 6 weeks! It's such an awesome feeling that I'm not going to think about it for a little while longer. We have our third wedding anniversary next week and numerous Christmas parties and events. Then Christmas, New Year and AB on holidays for a few weeks. All too much fun to be bogged down by my burdens.

Sorry about my absence, but I will visit you all over the next few days.

14 Comments:

At 12:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

adsence smabsence, enjoying life is way better than haunting blogs. fingers crossed that you continue to enjoy yourself during this downtime. cycles will come around soon enough.

Have fun chickling

 
At 1:21 pm, Blogger Bea said...

Glad you're feeling rejuvenated. Never ceases to amaze me how quickly that can happen. Good to hear IF has been absent this last little while.

Bea

 
At 7:16 pm, Blogger Thalia said...

It can be such a relief, can't it? I'm glad you've been enjoying yourself.

 
At 8:16 pm, Blogger Meg said...

Congratualtions on finishing another year, Stell.

It's good to hear from you. xxx

 
At 10:21 pm, Blogger ColourYourWorld said...

Yeah I was wondering whether you were still at it ;)
Glad your break has been good for you. Have fun in the holidays !

 
At 1:06 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your time off!

 
At 1:30 pm, Blogger BigP's Heather said...

Glad you are doing well. You have been missed.

 
At 9:34 am, Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

It's good to hear from you!

I am glad that everything is going well.

 
At 2:59 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Stella! I miss you, but I'm glad you're getting the chance to relax and rejuvenate. Enjoy the holidays!

 
At 4:58 am, Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

You have been missed! Enjoy your holiday - see you in 2007 for a fresh start!

 
At 7:05 am, Blogger beagle said...

I hope you're enjoying your time off and a Happy Christmas as well. It's not always easy to find the "happy" amidst the infertility!

 
At 3:38 pm, Blogger Shell said...

I am about to embark on my 1st IVF cycle so have been reading blogs to prepare myself.. I wish you a wonderful new year.

 
At 11:59 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Stella! I'm thinking about you and wondering how you're doing. We haven't heard from you in a while. I hope everything is okay!

 
At 9:31 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Stell - I am owndering how o=you are doing too. Hope things are well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home