Thursday, November 23, 2006

Maybe I might try (sex)!!!

What do you think are the chances?

VERY outside would be my answer. But I'll give it a go anyway. You know, that mythical concept that sex leads to pregnancy. As I just have to sit around waiting until January for my next cycle, I might as well. You never know, we might even enjoy it!

All of you who are teachers out there will know the intensity of the last few weeks of the school year. I have been frantically marking exams, preparing results, writing reports, checking reports, organising classes for next year, writing presentations, conducting professional development, writing policies, creating handbooks etc etc etc ...

So my absence this last week has been due to time of year rather than emotional distress. Not that I haven't been upset about Bob. I really did think that this one might work. But now that it hasn't, I haven't really had too much time to dwell on it. Being busy sometimes is a good thing.

Dr Challenge is happy with my plan. If my cycle works on time, I will be likely to have egg pick up at the end of January. I guess if it wasn't Christmas I'd be pushing to jump on another cycle again, but with so much to distract me during this time, the wait will be bearable (I say that now, of course, ask me again on the 2nd January!).

And I decided, I need something else to look forward to next year than a baby. I've been putting everything on hold each year, waiting for the 'big thing' that I was sure was going to happen. Waiting ... waiting ... waiting for the baby that's never arrived. And so I end each year with disappointment. By Christmas, I have told myself. Next Christmas, I'll be pregnant.

I've been starting to dread Christmas and the arrival of yet another failed year.

And I know it won't replace anything, but I have booked us a trip to China in April. I have always wanted to visit China, and I teach a unit on China with my Yr 7 class, so now, I'm excited. I have something to look forward to - something I can guarantee will actually happen. I have paid my money, bought my tickets and now, I can go. It will work, unlike the awful uncertainty we face with every cycle we pay for in this game. We don't get our money back if it's broken.

In the meantime, back to reports. I am sorry I haven't been visiting or commenting at your places - but I really just have to survive work at the moment - and then I have a big reward of 6 weeks holiday at the end of it!! I hope to be able to get to some visiting over the weekend ... and I hope all of your stories have been going well right now. If not, I really do feel for you.

Take care.


14 Comments:

At 9:36 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh Stella those plans sound might fine, having something concrete to look forward too makes life just that little bit more bearable. I'm only just back and have read your last couple of posts I am so very sorry sweetling if only there were some pineapple wand we could wave and wish it differently. thinking of you and the Mr.

 
At 9:40 pm, Blogger Thalia said...

Sounds good to me, I always have that vague hope that somehow sex=baby isnt' entirely a fantasy.

Hang in there

 
At 10:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you cheked in, I too have been crazy busy at work so know what it's like!
Enjoy the s.e.x.!!

 
At 11:34 pm, Blogger Meg said...

Stella - UGH indeed for the end of the year... I have somehow astounded myself with productiveness this week and almost finished. Yay!

Plan sounds good. I'm sure you'll find things to occupy yourself throughout the holidays... you have that beautiful garden...As for a trip in April - how wonderful!

 
At 1:29 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It does sound like you have a good plan. At the very least, hopefully the sex will be fun!

Your trip to China sounds fantastic!

 
At 1:39 pm, Blogger Bea said...

Glad to hear you're ok.

China! I've been there! Where are you going, exactly? Bore me with details of your itinerary.

Bea

 
At 5:37 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sex is a damn fine idea! Doesn't it just make you want to shake your head at the thought that people actually get pregnant by making love and then falling asleep. It surely seems mythical.

Good luck with the busyness and congrats on the China trip. Sounds fantastic!

 
At 9:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well it can't hurt, but can be fun!!

 
At 5:14 am, Blogger TeamWinks said...

Sex sounds like fun to me! Hey, you never know!

China sounds like an amzing destination. Wow! I like how you stated how it was something sure. I can relate to that.

Take care too!

 
At 8:49 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear StellaNova, first of all, I wanted to apologize for being away so long. I'm so sorry about your cycle not working, and relieved to hear that you seem OK.

It's so awful, realizing one day that we've let so much life pass by while waiting for a baby. It's such a great idea to take that long-awaited trip to China in spring.

 
At 1:58 am, Blogger Serenity said...

Ditto Kath's second comment 1000% I am very glad that you are taking your trip to China.

And I will say, having sex just for the fun of it has brought a LOT of fun back J and my relationship. Somehow knowing that there's such a remote chance of us getting pregnant from it has really taken the pressure off. :)

 
At 8:45 am, Blogger Lisa said...

I'm all for sex no matter what the reason!

I lived in China for a year and it's a really fascinating country. I'm sure your trip will be great!

 
At 9:28 pm, Blogger noela said...

Just wondering how you are doing, and checking in. Hope you are well and the holiday season is not too trying.

Take care,
xx
Nilla

 
At 12:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

China and sex. WOW! I hope both are fun and successful!

I think it's a great idea to plan something for the future rather than saying, "Oh, I might be pregnant then." I've done that so many times and then lost out on the plans AND there's still no baby.

And, who knows, maybe planning a trip will activate the Universe's Irony Impulse, and you WILL be pregnant in April. That would be the happiest reason in the world for postponing a trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home