Wednesday, November 01, 2006

BOB

Embryo transfer is tough when you have a chicane in your cervix. Every time, I am in agony. This time wasn't as bad as it has been in the past, but it's still not fun.

I suppose it will hurt a hell of a lot more coming out if it works!

So, we transferred 1. Our clinic doesn't provide photos of them, so Dr Challenge took a pic of the screen with his mobile phone and he's going to send it to me. He was in a rather buoyant mood this morning as he just found out he had been accepted into some Rather Important Fertility Gang of Very Important doctors after 2 years of jumping through hoops and lots of hard work. It was hard to keep him down he was bouncing so much - in a good way, of course - he has never been afraid to show his humanity.

The embryo we transferred was the advanced one from the other day. Scientist Supermodel said it looked great and when I asked why it was a funny egg kind of shape (you know, kind of pointy in one part) she said it was getting ready to hatch. Oh. Still an overachiever ... taking it's business seriously ... ready to come and snuggle in ...

Of the other three, one only went to 10 cells although the other 2 are still at the stage of early blastocyst. She said they looked good and by this afternoon she will know whether they will be developed enough to freeze. She seemed confident that they could be. A few hours can make a lot of difference in the life of an embryo.

I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up. I know the crash is much harder from up high. But I've never had such an advanced embryo as this bubble on board (BOB) and never had enough to even consider the possibility of freezing. Those two factors alone are enough, along with the good fertilization rate, the fact that I have no endo at the moment, that I'm actually feeling pretty healthy (and I've worked out how to make my hair look good with this new cut!). My self-preservation is screaming at me to stop. Stop with the hoping, stop with the dreaming, stop with the thoughts of future.

But it's hard to stop having hope. It's hard to stop wishing for this future. Even though I know I could get hurt, these feelings are out of my control. I know I shouldn't be throwing confidence around like there's plenty to spare. But I do feel I have really studied hard this time. I prepared well, I worked on it every night, I did a few practice tests. I even tried a different routine.

Oh, fuck. Who knows? Will it be enough? Is it my turn in the lucky lottery?

Monday 13th ... I will know.

LATE AFTERNOON UPDATE: I have just phoned the clinic and both of them have been frozen. Cold little bubbles. And now I really can't help but hope ...

15 Comments:

At 6:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course you have to hope- without hope we'd never do this in the first place.
Here's hoping Bob sticks around for a long time, and the cold bubbles are only needed in a few years time. x

 
At 6:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

here's hoping BOB sticks around for another 8.6months.

woohoo to having a couple of frosties, well grown lovely!!

 
At 8:29 pm, Blogger Bea said...

You've convinced me. Low stim cycle, that's next. It sounds great. Permission to hope granted.

And fingers, as always, crossed.

Bea

 
At 8:56 pm, Blogger Thalia said...

sounds like you've got some fab ones there, including the one on board. Great news.

 
At 9:04 pm, Blogger Meg said...

Stell - Great to hear the embies have developed well.

I wish for you.

 
At 2:13 am, Blogger Kris said...

Best of luck during the wait!

 
At 2:39 am, Blogger Emmie said...

That's great news about BOB and the bubbles! I think waiting to find out the fertilization report is harder than the actual 2ww, but that's not a lot of fun either. I'm glad you've had good results up to this point to keep some optimism flowing for the 13th! I'll be praying!

 
At 3:06 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope BOB settles in for the long haul.

 
At 3:25 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Stella! That's such GREAT news. I'll be hoping and praying and keeping everything crossed that this IS your turn in the lucky lottery!

 
At 8:12 am, Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

Congrats on the hatching embryo. That is great news and it is also great that you got the other two frozen.

Will hope for you!

 
At 11:20 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done with the quality egg production! I'm glad you have hope, you deserve it.

May time fly until the 13th.
All the best, xoxo

 
At 11:41 am, Blogger Sparkle said...

Jeez, you might be trying to keep a lid on hope - but that sounds fan-f******-tastic. Especially getting the two bubbles in the freezer - all equals 'good embryo energy'!!

 
At 8:56 pm, Blogger noela said...

Stella, this sounds so, so good!! I really hope so.

Absolutely great news about freezing some embryos as well.

Wishing the best for you,
Nilla

 
At 10:14 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stella,

Great news!

A good looking embie PLUS two freezing at this very moment, I am so happy for you!

And hopeful.

I know it's such a double-edged sword, like you said the disappointment can be so crushing with your hopes up, but still...we're all out here in blogland hoping for you and sending you good energy.

*Note I did NOT say 'baby dust' or 'sticky vibes' but of course that's what I meant

:-)

 
At 6:00 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so happy for you! Yay for Bob and Yay for the bubblets making it to the North Pole for their long winter's nap! I hope November 13th arrives with great news!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home