Thursday, November 09, 2006

Zombie on the couch

Headache and a half!! Since yesterday afternoon, I have had a really painful compression type, throbbing headache. Today, it was so bad I felt like I was going to throw up every time I moved and had to leave work at lunch time and come home and sleep. It's been awful.

Tonight, it's a little bit better, but I feel so wiped out by it that I can't do anything but sit on the couch like a zombie. I've got heaps of marking to do, although concentrating on looking so closely at student work is just not going to happen. My post here will have to be short as looking at the computer is straining me as well.

Now, I don't think this is anything remotely connected to a symptom. I think it's more directly linked to a sore neck and I thankfully already had a chiropractor appointment booked this afternoon and that seems to have helped, although it was agony during the treatment.

During my afternoon sleep, I woke in some pain with a full bladder but, again, that could have just been a coincidence. Following that, a kind of tight feeling for a while, but I have had that kind of feeling before if I let my bladder get too full.

So, feeling rather flat tonight - drained and ready for bed. Hopefully this headache will be gone tomorrow - and hopefully my period doesn't show up either. Tomorrow is 14dpo (or 9dp5dt - did I write it right?). I could succumb to a pee-stick, but I just don't want to waste my money. Besides, an answer will reveal itself one way or another soon enough.

.................................................

And on other news, Mrs Precious had her baby yesterday. She just phoned me to give me the blow by blow account. Just what I needed ... exactly one month before I would have been due.

7 Comments:

At 12:30 am, Blogger beagle said...

Oh, the headache sounds just AWFUL! I hope you're feeling better.

Good Luck with Bob!

 
At 5:15 am, Blogger Serenity said...

Oh yuck - headaches like that are horrid. Hope you're feeling better today... and I have such hopes for you and Bob on Monday. I have everything I can possibly cross crossed for you, sweetie.

 
At 8:43 am, Blogger Bea said...

No-one ever needs a blow-by-blow account of a birth. Not unless specifically requested. Especially not when you have a headache already.

Hope you feel better tomorrow. Or worse, but in a pregnant way. Best of luck during these last couple of days.

Bea

 
At 9:10 am, Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

Hang in there - the headaches sound horrible. Wouldn't it be nice to have pregnancy as a distraction?

Will be wishing and hoping for both of us next week!

 
At 10:40 am, Blogger Lisa said...

I hope the headache leaves you soon and that Bob is settling in and getting cosy.

 
At 12:26 am, Blogger TeamWinks said...

No fun! Not the headache or the recounting of new baby. Hang in there, the work will still be there tomorrow.

 
At 10:20 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better, headaches like that are the worst.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you Stella!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home