Friday, October 27, 2006

Back on line

Back on line again! This week, my laptop had a meltdown. It actually belongs to my work (lucky!) and the tech people have had it the whole week, copying all of my multitude of files, fixing it up and finally getting it back to me late yesterday afternoon. In the process, they wiped all of my settings and I had to get everything reconfigured again before I could even access the internet. It's been torture (not to mention all of the actual work I didn't get done also).

Egg pick-up was today. It went well, although I am feeling a little disappointed because we only got 5 eggs, even though there had been 10 follicles. Dr Challenge was also a little disappointed as some of the follicles weren't big enough to contain mature eggs (but might have been if we had waited a little longer). So, I have been left with 5. Given my usual pattern, that could mean only half of these will fertilise and then we'll be lucky if even 1 of them makes it.

Scientist Serene told us afterwards that, while she can't be 100% sure until she removes the surrounding cells tomorrow, they all looked mature and a good size and shape. According to her, we could be lucky and all of them will fertilise overnight. Now, I'm not sure if luck shows her face to often in my neck of the woods, but, she just might.

AdventureBoy and I have really been looking after our health this cycle and taking loads of vitamins etc to increase every chance of healthy eggs and swimmers. I don't know if that will make all that much of a difference ... but it certainly can't hurt.

So I'm sitting here feeling a little bit sore, but nothing unbearable (I've certainly had a LOT worse in the past month or so). AB is going to cook me dinner and hopefully be a bit of a slave. I might even watch a movie or two.

I promise I'll get to all of you guys this weekend ... I know I've got LOADS to catch up on.

9 Comments:

At 6:55 pm, Blogger Bea said...

And I thought it was just your ambivalence!

Well, sorry you were disappointed, but I guess you just have to hope it's "enough" - something I've said before, and will, no doubt, say again. Chickens, eggs, hatchings... you know how it goes. Fingers crossed. Speedy recovery.

Bea

 
At 8:12 pm, Blogger ColourYourWorld said...

It is frustrating that EPU is so unpredictable ! But like bea says hopefully there is enough.

Good Luck !

 
At 8:35 pm, Blogger noela said...

Well, I hope that five is "enough", you know what they say, "it only takes one good embryo..." blah blah blah.... ;)

But I mean, we are ALL looking for one good embryo, right? !

Anyway, wishing you lots of luck and best of everything for this cycle.... Hope that luck stops by for you and all those eggs do indeed fertilize.

Keep us posted!
Nilla

 
At 10:04 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sneaky thing!

So glad epu went well and there's 5, I hope with everything that they fertilise beautifully...x

 
At 4:15 am, Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

I'm glad your retrieval went well. I can understand your disappointment at 5 - I've been there - but we just have to keep telling ourselves that we only want one baby=one good embryo. I will keep hoping that you get that good one!

Rest up!

 
At 9:35 am, Blogger Sparkle said...

Hey, hope those five have a big fertilisation adventure.

BTW, I think extra days stimming can lower overall quality, so five is great.

 
At 9:54 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the Fantastic Five! It may not be as many as you'd have liked, but here's hoping that they all get jiggy with those swimmers. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed and checking for updates.

 
At 10:46 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy being treated like a queen. For me that was the best part of egg retrieval. ;)

Your bright pink room sounds divine, wish I could be a fly on the (pink) wall and hear all the cool things that go on...

Best 'o luck with the Fab 5! will keep you in my thoughts in the exciting days to come.

 
At 11:56 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

fingers crossed you surpass your usual fert/divide rates and you get a stella performance out of those 5. wishing you a ton of luck and hoping for some good news soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home