Thursday, October 05, 2006

Update 2

Cough, cough, splutter, splutter ...

Of course, to top it off, I got the flu as well!! I'm feeling much better today, but my week has been a shocker. I've barely been out of bed - today was my first venture out of the house (to pick up and sign the paperwork for this cycle). And so tomorrow I will start the Lucrin and be on my way. Pick up should be about the 25th. Although my belly is not really looking forward to more jabbing - I still have stitches in 4 spots, although they are coming out tomorrow.

AB bought me an iPod the other day - to give me something to play with while I've been laid out. I've never had one before and I think I'm in love! It has so much storage space on it (80GB) and I really doubt I'll ever be able to fill it. I have only put about half a dozen cds on it, as well as all of my uni interviews and I want to keep a back up copy of all of my digital photos as well. It's going to be a long term project to get everything onto it, but I'll get so much use from my new plaything. I'm planning to walk to work a lot more, especially now that the weather has started to warm up and, when I'm up to it, walking in general. Lucky, however, I'm still on holidays for the rest of next week as well. Walking to the kitchen has been a challenge this week.

I think that's the only exciting news I have for tonight. I haven't been anywhere or done anything ... although I plan to get to some of those tags tomorrow after my appointment with Dr Challenge. They're probably a bit past by now, but it will give me something to think about.

Mrs Precious wants to visit tomorrow as well - she is now officially on maternity leave - and I'm not sure I'll be able to fob her off (I managed earlier in the week as I was so sick - I even had AB do it for me - but I can answer my own phone calls now). I don't want to see her smug belly and hear about her nursery renovations, but I think I'm going to have to suffer it. You know, I'll probably be able to handle it better now that I'm cycling again. At least I feel that I am doing something and that I have a chance again. I won't be telling her, of course, but that news will at least keep me company.

And it's been such a bonus starting this cycle without any extended lead-up or planning. It feels like I'm half way through already ... and I only started on Monday. Normally, I am thinking about it for weeks before starting the first meds - this way, I'll be on the Gonal next Friday - that's only a week away. It really doesn't seem like a long process when you do it this way. Maybe this is how they should do it all the time - sneak it up on us and then surprise us with a 'start now'.

Yeah, I know, probably NOT. But I must say, it's been a good way to do it.

7 Comments:

At 2:34 am, Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

Sorry about your cold, but I'm excited that you and I are Cycle Sisters. I start my Lupron tomorrow (Oct 6) and stims Oct 20 so you will be a few days ahead of me. Let's cheer each other on for positive results this go-round!

Sounds like you are healing well from the surgery too. That is definitely good news.

The iPod is definitely cool. I spent many many hours importing all of our music CDs into iTunes, and then it's easy to pick/choose what you want on to the iPod. Very cool indeed.

 
At 7:55 am, Blogger Lisa said...

Getting the flu on top of everything else is just NOT FAIR! I hope you're feeling much better soon and that everything goes well with the upcoming cycle.

 
At 8:15 am, Blogger Bea said...

Gosh, well it has certainly taken a lot longer to recover from this one than the diagnostic. Guess that makes sense. And the cold on top of everything - now that doesn't help at all.

I think the sneaky cycle is great. I have an amazing capacity to get myself flipped out if given too much spare time. With the endo gone, let's hope everything else co-operates!

Bea

 
At 10:40 am, Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I am so sorry that you have the flu on top of everything else. I hope that you feel better soon.

 
At 4:06 am, Blogger Thalia said...

sorry you're so sick, I hope that this is it for sickness for the cycle, now! Great to know that you're so far into the cycle already.

 
At 6:00 pm, Blogger noela said...

That rocks that your cycle will be coming up so soon! Hope you feel much better soon!

Congrats on the iPod -- I LOVE my iPod, and can't imagine going without one now. I have a 20 Gb one, and I'm not sure I'll ever fill it either! No idea what I would do with an 80. I'm sure you already have it, but iTunes is a must -- goes hand in hand with iPod and makes everything easier.

Good luck with everything, healing up, and getting ready for your new cycle.

All the best,
Nilla

 
At 11:13 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like we will be starting stims around the same time, I wish you much luck with this cycle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home