Monday, September 25, 2006

The Petulant Foot catches the Early List

Being pushy obviously pays off.

I'm in for Thursday, so someone's been bumped from the list (sorry for them, really I am, although I'm moving on rather quickly). But I have to start 'preparation' from tomorrow as it is also on my bowel and they will be operating there as well. That means nothing but clear liquid from breakfast tomorrow until I am able to eat after the surgery. I suppose that's a way to drop a few kilos in a hurry!

When not on hormones and medication, I am naturally more prone to the skinnier side of things. During the past few weeks I have been dropping some of the IVF weight without even trying (a very good thing, by the way!). But 3 days without food?! I'll be grumpy, starving and definitely thinner. I won't be able to concentrate on anything and poor AdventureBoy will cop it! I suppose I shoudl give him a bit of pre-warning.

But it's good. Endo will be zapped and I'll have 2 weeks of school holidays to get over it. A shame to waste my holidays, but enforced stillness will be a perfect opportunity to catch up on some movies, reading and, importantly, some PhD stuff. I was going to head off somewhere for a bit of a holiday but home will be good :). I suppose we'll be saving some money ... and we're going to be putting in a new bathroom and a pool before Christmas, so it's all in the interest of better tiles!!!

Now I need to do some work - I'm going to have to cram a week's worth of work into a few days - lucky me. I'd better get to it. Joy.

And a final note ... funny how I can be excited and happy about major surgery - strange and mixed-up priorities in this IF world we have ...

9 Comments:

At 5:26 pm, Blogger noela said...

Stella -- I'm so glad to check in on you here and learn that you are already scheduled for surgery!! Thank G-d, or whoever!!!! :)

Sucks about the no food thing though...and for THREE days?!?! Wha----??????

I hope the surgery goes spectacularly and you are ready and well to cycle again very soon.

Wishing you the best for your surgery,

Nilla

 
At 9:23 pm, Blogger Bea said...

Thursday - that's much better. It's amazing how these gaps come up - a cancellation may not necessarily mean you stole someone's place.

Can't imagine not eating for three days, though. Urgh.

Bea

 
At 5:18 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

v v happy you've got an appointment so quickly sometimes things do just fall into place. about the not eating ewwww that'd be hard but I guess you wont feel like eating afterwards. hope you have a good collection of readables for recovery time not just work or study but also goof off stuff on hand.

 
At 8:56 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck with Thursday! Enjoy the time off, forced relaxation is often still blissful. Also, wanted to say, kudo's to you for the PhD work!

(and thanks for checking in on my blog, nice to know my goofy school politics are not unusual.)

 
At 7:40 pm, Blogger ColourYourWorld said...

I did the fast before my lap too and it happened over the weekend of Fathers day When there was lots of celebrating with good food and wine and I slurped on my clear broth and green tea.

Good Luck for thursday !

 
At 8:09 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to laugh, yes our priorities do get mixed up! I'm so glad you're in for this week, be sure to post if you can to let us know you're ok, and I hope they zap that crap right out of you and you staple yourself to that couch.... x

 
At 9:16 pm, Blogger Bea said...

Good luck for tomorrow! (It is tomorrow, right?)

Bea

 
At 12:50 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's thursday today there I think, we'll it's friday here so must be something like that, anyway just wanted to say hope everything went well and that your recovery is quick.

 
At 11:13 am, Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I hope that the surgery went well, and that they were able to get everything. Take care. Hugs to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home