Wednesday, August 02, 2006

10

Today there were 10.

It's better than 6 (as the ultrasound indicated) but not as good as 13.

I know, I know ... ungrateful cow. There are some who don't get anything and all it will really take is one. I was just hoping this would be as successful (well really, hopefully more) as last cycle. And I would love to have some left over for freezing.

But I really will be happy with just one healthy, happy embryo which becomes one healthy, happy baby.

Scientist Pop Star, however, told me that only 8 of the 10 retreived looked mature enough to be fertilised. If we have the same rate of fertilisation as before, that means only 4 or 5 will fertilise (and even that's a maybe). Last time, 8 fertilised.

How far will they go then?

Control. I have read so many posts by others about control (or the loss of control) that this process brings. I wish I could force these results. Ensure success. Make it all work.

The numbers game. I am now another step up the ladder. Each time brings me closer to winning the battle against the laws of probability. I have to put faith in that. It's the only way that I can keeping hoping for that positive result.

To keep wishing on that star.

I'm still feeling a bit drowsy now... I will post my results tomorrow when I get 'the call'. I am so nervous about that call. The rest of my day will hinge on that call ... potentially, the rest of my life.

7 Comments:

At 10:58 pm, Blogger katty said...

Well done for getting through it all. Ten sounds pretty good to me. Here's hoping for positive results tomorrow.

 
At 1:13 am, Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

10 is wonderful. I hope you have great fert results...

Hope you are feeling good.

 
At 1:27 am, Blogger Thalia said...

10 is great. Could be that they will all fertilise, you never know. Even if only half do, you've got 5, which means more than likely you will have 2 good ones for a 3 day transfer. I know it's alway so dissappointing, isn't it? Will be back to check for an update later.

 
At 2:46 am, Blogger Kris said...

Can't wait to hear the update after the call. Fingers crossed for you. Hope you are feeling well after you get some rest.

 
At 3:27 am, Blogger Serenity said...

Get some rest - 10 is a good number. I am hoping for very very good things for you.

The control thing - yeah, that is the hardest.

Just remember that you are doing all you can to make this work.

*hug*

 
At 9:13 am, Blogger ColourYourWorld said...

I am wishing on that star for you too.

 
At 8:43 pm, Blogger Morgan said...

I become a little nutty too just before "the call" okay I'm nerotic two weeks out of every month making me one crazy women. I am pullin' for you here in South Australia.

Ps I loooooovvvvveeee Northern Exposure. It was the best show.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home