Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Obsession time?

I love my Chinese Cutie Punk. She reminds me of one of those dolls on a stick we used to be able to buy at the Royal Easter Show (annual Aussie fair type event - Sydney in fact). She is so excited to be treating an IVF patient and every time I visit her she has new information or new techniques to use on me. She has even made special appointments with me after hours to make sure she can treat me to coincide with my treatment cycles. I'm not entirely sure if I think it is going to make a difference, but I'm happy to be trying.

It can't hurt.

Oh well, as much as sticking multiple needles into your body can't hurt, that is.

I had my blood test this morning. No drama, no hiding veins, straight in and out. Easy (unlike my last dreadful experience). I spoke to a new nurse at the fertility clinic and she told me that things are going well. Continue what I'm doing and the ultrasound will be on Friday morning. She told me some numbers as well, but I don't know enough to completely know what they mean. Even Dr Google hasn't helped. They are oestrogen 992, progesterone 1, fsh 17.

I'm kind of nervous about the ultrasound. Last time, there were enough follicles to do ok ... but what if this time there are less? I can still feel them growing, but will they keep going without the obsession I devoted to them last cycle? This time, I keep forgetting about them. I have been so busy at work (and will continue to be) that retreival day seems to be sneaking up on me. I'm worried I'll forget about it in the day!

Well, maybe that's going a bit too far, but you know what I'm saying.

Maybe I might start obsessing again ... it's getting about time.

5 Comments:

At 12:05 am, Blogger beagle said...

I'm so glad that you're having a good acupuncture experience!

 
At 1:52 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY know what you mean about feeling that you need to obsess in order to keep things going. I think it's a control-freak thing some of us have.

But I'm glad the acupuncture and the monitoring is going well. I'm sending good growing vibes to your ovaries, and being-at-peace vibes to the rest of you.

Thanks for stopping by the blog, by the way. Vikingboy's thesis *should* be finished up during his next trip over here -- which means around the end of the year. But I've heard this sort of prediction before, so we'll see...

 
At 10:31 am, Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

It is so hard not to obsess over cycle stats. Thankfully my clinic didn't tell me much last time so I couldn't really obsess. Hang in there!!

 
At 12:35 pm, Blogger Meg said...

Stell - I am beginning to think I actually have no control over my obsessiveness and stress. Nothing I do seems to ease it. Valium probably would, but that might be counter-productive.

When is your scan?

 
At 12:35 pm, Blogger Meg said...

Well I'm stupid. It's Friday. You said that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home