Sunday, June 25, 2006

End of Term

I feel like Alice's White Rabbit ... no time, no time ... and the pace has been dizzying.

As a coordinator at my school, not only have I been writing my own reports, I have also been checking reports for all of Year 7 (those written by every teacher for every student) and believe me, some of them have been BAD. For educated people who have spent at least 4 years in university study, some of these people just don't don't know to putting a couple of meaningful sentences together. On top of that, I have spent 3 evenings at school for various events and trying to actually be a somehow decent teacher for my students amongst it all.

No wonder I haven't had time to write.

But I can see the end is near. Our students broke up on Friday and this week we have a training day of Monday and then 2 days of parent-teacher interviews. I am running one session of the training day (and so that is the focus of today's computer work) and thankfully, don't have full days of interviews as I don't have as many classes due to my coordinator allowance.

And then, at 7pm on Wednesday, I will be on holidays!

For a short term, it's been a long one, starting with my miscarriage in Week 1 and trundling fairly steadily downhill from there. I am sooooo looking forward to this break. I start Provera on Thursday and injections on the following Monday. It's shame that the real business end of this cycle will happen after I have gone back to school, but I have about 800 hours sick leave accumulated, so I have a great pool to draw upon. I am also planning to apply for leave for the last 5 weeks of this term so that I can either take it easy if it works, or gear up for my next cycle if it doesn't. I might even get some of my thesis written as well.

The sun is shining today and my study window looks out over the park next door. It is late afternoon and the western light has spread a beautiful, warm glow throughout the room. It has even penetrated into my heart and I feel like smiling for no apparent reason. For the first time in a long time, I feel happy and even content. Still busy, still empty, still wishing on that star, but smiling the shyest of smiles at Hope. I think she might be looking my way.

3 Comments:

At 12:42 am, Blogger Meg said...

Yay for you! The bad (or good) news is that you are tagged by me for some meme fun!

 
At 2:44 am, Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I am glad that you are feeling good and hopeful. As far as looking for ways to change your blog, just type "blogger templates" into google and a lot sites with different templates will come up. Good luck! I will continue to follow your journey. Hugs!

 
At 2:15 am, Blogger Thalia said...

It's always so much easier to feel better when you are doing something, isn't it?! I'm so glad you had a lovely afternoon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home