Monday, June 12, 2006

Fooled

I don't know whether it's because of the herbs I've been taking, the hormones through the IVF cycle or the brief pregnancy, but my period came yesterday and I had absolutely no idea that it was about to start. Usually, I have cramping, spotting, bloating and general a general feeling of 'blah' for about 3 or 4 days before it actually starts. This time, none of that. Not even a grumpy scowl at AdventureBoy or advanced chocolate cravings. I just woke up yesterday morning and there it was when I went to the toilet. Started. Completely. And this has been the least amount of pain I have had for a period since, well, ever!

Apart from the lack of warning and subsequent mess, it was brilliant. I only needed to take 2 painkillers (and believe me - that NEVER happens) and I could even actually function and do things. Amazing. It makes me feel like I am possibly normal. I am sure this is what it is supposed to be like - maybe my hormones are happy. Maybe I will have a chance for it to happen naturally with this cycle (well now you're just getting carried away).

All I can do is try.

And if not, at least I know I am ready to be back on again. I'll phone Saint Anne tomorrow.

4 Comments:

At 5:39 pm, Blogger Meg said...

Yeah - I've been doing the stinky-herb thing too, and it's been doing funny things to my cycle as well.. in a good way I mean. So ready to go??

 
At 10:02 pm, Blogger Bea said...

You sound all decisive! Go, sexy boot lady!

Bea

 
At 12:18 am, Blogger Thalia said...

Yaay for an amazing start to the month. Let's hope it continues.

 
At 12:19 am, Blogger Thalia said...

Yaay for an amazing start to the month. Let's hope it continues.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home