Monday, March 27, 2006

Today's the Day

OK, it's about the start. I have my appointment at 9.30am and I'll be in for the transfer. Right now, I have no idea how many are still there waiting for us. There could still be eight, or maybe there could only be a few. Or one.

That would be hard.

I had my blood test early this morning (although not early enough it seems - I got into trouble from the front desk woman at the Leech Factory.

We thought you'd all be in at 7!

Oh, I was told by 7.30. (took note of time with a surreptitious glance at my watch ... all good, 7.25)

Well it doesn't give us much time ... and none of the others have turned up yet!

I'm taking actually sure what I was supposed to do about them not being there, but I let out a sympathetic and non-commital, Oh.

And all the others who are here get upset when you girls just come in and jump the queue ahead of them.

For god's sake, I screamed. I have been here about 28 times in the past month!!!! Surely I get some degree of special treatment! I'm a VIP member by now. I should just get waved through like when I was 22 and my boyfriend was 'in the band' ... It's OK, I'm on the door! Followed by hushed whispers of awe, she's on the list! Indulgent smiles passed their way, maybe you'll get here one day. But for now, you'll just have to wait in line like the rest of the fabulous nobodies.

Well, that's what I thought at least.

All I really said was,

right.

My witty and slightly manic retort stuck silently in my throat. And I felt like shit, Nerves, bad pizza, or the effects of too many glasses of champagne at Designer Baby's christening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home